Assistant Professor (1-2), Lecturers (8-10)
Application Deadline: January 16, 2012
University of Management and Technology (UMT), Lahore, Pakistan, is seeking 12 full time English Language teachers (Assistant Professor, lecturer). Candidates must possess a master's degree in English (language, literature, composition, creative writing) or a master's degree in humanities or social sciences with a minimum of three years teaching experience in English. Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Assist in the development of core undergraduate English language courses.
- Assess the needs of students, evaluate their skills, research, and organize appropriate course content.
- Address the specific requirements of the School of Social Sciences and Humanities, School of Business and Economics, and School of Science and Technology while ensuring students achieve proficiency in reading, writing, spoken, and listening skills.
- Assist in the expansion of the English Language Center.
- Besides teaching a course load of 3 classes per semester, offer workshops and tutorials to complement the language courses.
- Attend teacher training workshops at UMT during summer 2012.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have:
- Master's degree in English (preferred) or humanities or social sciences with three years experience in teaching English.
- Extensive experience in teaching undergraduate English courses.
- Excellent communication, research, and curriculum development skills.
- Familiarity with the USA/UK university programs offering courses in composition and rhetoric, and ESL/EFL.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative approaches to pedagogy.
For more information about the Center for English Language (CEL): please visit our website: http://cel.umt.edu.pk. For further inquiries contact, Academic Officer, CEL at firstname.lastname@example.org